REAL ESTATE FORECLOSURE TAILS — A Day in the Life of a REO Broker: Educational Entertaining True Stories from Default Industry Real Estate Leaders
by Kristen Conti,Lana Cook Detro,Alyson Silverman,Kimberly Brunson,Tammy Seymour,Jennifer Patnode,Louis Fontaine,Brandy Nelson
If we had a dollar for every person who told us what the bank should do and what they think of the condition of a property, or the value, or the process, every author in this book would already be retired. I don’t believe any of us would tell the story of a buyer coming to us to purchase one of our assets that said, “I’d like to buy your listing for fair market value and provide you with all you need to accomplish this in a timeline that works for the seller.” But that sure would be music to our ears.
The skills required for those of us who have chosen distressed property sales as a specialty are the highest in the industry. Humility and a true desire to be part of the solution for our clients are the most important. It is this that will keep us focused on our goals and allow us to sleep at night after navigating complex transactions.
Second, would be our asset managers and clients whom we are privileged to serve. We know they have so many choices when selecting the right agents to manage their portfolios. We, as members of Default Industry Leaders, take great pride in the quality and experience of our members. The purpose of our group is to support other REO brokers, to open the doors to newer agents who may wish to break into this segment of the market but have been denied access, and to market ourselves effectively to potential clients and the buying public.
Lastly, we also want to be viewed as people who have the whole package and the personalities that work best to serve this unique part of the real estate market. We want to educate in an entertaining way without ever disparaging a property or a client. Our desire is to be cooperative and helpful to all the other Realtors out there who bring us their buyers and may need some guidance with the sales process.
Default Industry Leaders Authors in order of chapters:
Lana Cook Detro
About Default Industry Leaders
Default Industry Leaders is a non-profit organization. Any proceeds from this book will be donated to charitable causes.
Here are just some of the features and benefits of DIL for Professionals:
- Nationwide networking with the most experienced REO/Default Realtors at all conferences, gatherings, and events.
- Several proprietary (in-house) networking events give you a chance to interact with REO vendors and decision-makers.
- Exposure to our Agent Directory (which can also help your online SEO presence)
- Interaction with REO/Default leaders on our website and Facebook Group.
- Our website and Facebook page will give you the ability to stay on top of all breaking news related to REO/Default.
- Help contribute to our many charitable causes to feed the hungry, help women’s shelters, donate to disaster-stricken areas, and take care of our soldiers.
You can learn more about Default Industry Leaders by visiting www.defaultindustryleaders.com